Picture Book Craft Intensive: Telling Children's Stories in Today's Market OnDemand Webinar
You'll Love This Online Webinar If:
- You are actively querying agents and publishers with your children's book
- You aren't sure if you are writing a picture book or not
- You have always wanted to try writing a children's book, whether for publication or as a keepsake
- You want to improve your pitch and hook
- You want to take the next step toward publication in the picture book market
Picture books are a gorgeous and engaging way to reach the youngest readers in children's books. If you want to write picture books for child readers ages 0‚Äì7, there are tips and tricks that you need to know before you can break in. Because early children's books are so unique and specific,if you want to do them right, that is,this entire 90-minute session will be devoted to the picture book area of the kidlit craft.
Successfully hooking an agent (and readers) with your writing takes voice, incredible characterization and an exciting plot,even if your book is only 200 words long! In this market, you also need a commercial premise that'll immediately spark the imagination, and multiple sales hooks. Learn what the picture book audience is looking for, what agents and editors like to see in this marketplace, and how you can capitalize on these needs. You'll also learn how to make your project and pitch irresistible so you can take the next step toward publication.
Purchase this 90-minute OnDemand Webinar today to successfully write, pitch, and publish a picture book!
In This Online Webinar You'll Learn:
- The essential elements of books written for young child readers
- How your kid reader thinks about picture books and what they want
- What agents and editors look for in terms of pitch, writing, and book premise
- The specific guidelines of this market
- Examples of great picture books from today's shelves
- How to handle illustrations and how to format your submission
- How to make your hook absolutely irresistible
- What separates an aspiring writer from a contracted author in this field
About the AuthorMary Kole is an associate agent with Andrea Brown Literary Agency. She's also on the hunt for exceptional picture books, especially from accomplished author/illustrators. She has sold picture books to Penguin, Random House, Marshall Cavendish, and Arthur A. Levin's imprint at Scholastic, among other houses. Mary reads submissions for children's books all day long and will tell you exactly what works and what doesn't when you're approaching this exciting, creative, and fulfilling niche in publishing.
What Writers Are Saying About This Online Webinar:
"This webinar is very appropriately called an intensive, as every word is so important, you will want to listen to it over and over. Mary is a young, intelligent and humorous agent, so her presentation is both instructive and fun. She also offers an opportunity for a critique of your work, if you have a book ready within the allotted time. Well worth the money!" ,Laura
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final. OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets