Writing Great Horror Film and TV OnDemand Webinar
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Discover the little-known tricks of the trade that are vital to writing and marketing this money-making genre with Writing a Great Horror Film and TV Shows. In this live webinar, award-winning screenwriter Glenn M. Benest will cover the unique methods for writing commercial horror scripts and creating scares for your audience.
Through analysis of scenes from well-known horror films along with student examples from past classes, you'll learn the techniques they employed to make their projects truly memorable.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to use more than just fear and terror to create the right mood
- How to break tension with humor, with relief and fake jumps
- How to create relatable characters in compromising, scary situations
- How horror is all about dark secrets and "the tease"
- The importance of a truly horrible villain
- Horror sub genres, including The Creature Feature, Slasher, Teen Horror, Zombie/Vampire, Horror/Comedy, Horror/Romance, Torture and Supernatural
- What is unique about horror that doesn't relate to any other genre
- What many great horror films have in common
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone who is writing or plans to write a horror film
- Any screenwriter who would like to learn about this genre
- Producers, directors and development people who are interested in helping screenwriters hone their craft in the horror field
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets