How To Find The Right Agent To Sell Your Book
You'll Love This Book If:
- You are beginning your search for an agent
- You who want a professional on their side in contract negotiations
- You have placed your own books in the past and think an agent may help advance your career
- You feel confused about conflicting advice you've gotten about their agent search
- You are self-published, but now are considering traditional publishing and want to find an agent
- You want strategies for making your agent search more successful
Having the right agent on your side can make all the difference. But looking for the perfect agent can often be a confusing and frustrating process. Whether you're a brand new writer looking for an agent to sell your first book, or an experienced author wondering whether an agent can help you take your career to the next level, there are many questions to consider:
- What do you want out of your agent/client relationship, and what are your priorities?
- How do you identify the agents who can deliver what you're looking for?
- What can you realistically expect your agent to do for you, and what should you expect to do to be considered a professional?
- How do you advocate for yourself in your search for your author advocate?
In this webinar, Gina Panettieri gives the information and strategies you need to find an agent. The changing publishing environment has also meant that an agent's role has been changing and expanding as well, and this webinar helps you understand the range of possibilities an agent can bring to the table.
In This Webinar You'll Learn:
- What an agent REALLY does. An overview of how an agent works, what an agent can and cannot do for you, and how the right agent can change the game for you.
- How to determine the best agents FOR YOU. A self-evaluation tool to help you narrow where you should be looking, and the questions you should be asking.
- Where the agents are ‚Äì conferences, guidebooks, websites and personal referrals. How to use these most effectively to meet the agents you want to potentially work with.
- How to approach an agent the right way along with the top ten do's and don'ts that will either make them a fan of your work or earn you a quick pass.
- The rules (or unspoken guidelines) for submitting multiple queries, submissions, exclusives, revisions and resubmits to an agent.
- How to handle an offer of representation, especially when your book is still out with other agents.
About Gina PanettieriGina Panettieri is a literary agent and president of Talcott Notch Literary Services. She has worked in publishing for more than twenty years as an agent, independent editor and freelance writer. She is also the author of The Single Mother's Guide to Raising Remarkable Boys, published by Adams Media. As an agent, she focuses on adult fiction and nonfiction as well as young adult fiction, with an eclectic mix of titles ranging from business management and original concept cookbooks to deliciously funny middle-grade novels and edgy YA urban fantasy. Gina is a frequent guest at writers' conferences nationwide. Her clients include UK horror bestseller Wayne Simmons, Deadtown series author Nancy Holzner, food writer and cookbook author Brette Sember, and media personality and author Dr. Seth Meyers.
OnDemand Webinars do not include a critique. Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.