How to Find and Work with an Agent in the 21st Century OnDemand Webinar
You'll Love This OnDemand Webinar If:
- You want to find a literary agent but don't know how to contact or follow-up with one
- You're looking for help with writing a query letter or creating an author platform
- You have a completed novel or nonfiction proposal ready for submission to an agent
- You're unsure of whether or not you should self-publish or go to an established e-publisher or print/traditional market
- You're a published author
Whether you are a published author or an aspiring one on the hunt for a literary agent, you'll learn how to find, contact, and follow-up with an agent. This includes writing a query letter, maintaining your platform/brand, and deciding what market your work fits in best: traditional, self-publishing, or e-publishing.
When you download this online webinar, you'll hear literary agents Lori Perkins and Louisa Fury discuss how to work with (and what to expect from) a literary agent, the difference between traditional and self-publishing, and the future of e-publishing. If you are questioning whether or not you should self-publish a book or not, an agent can help you answer these questions and advance your writing career at the same time.
If you're ready to query an agent, Perkins and Fury can let you in on what they look for in a query letter and how to set yourself apart from the thousands of authors who are knocking at agents' doors. They'll also touch upon the importance of creating an author brand (even if you've never thought of yourself that way before or experimented with social media), and working together as a team.
Learn how a literary agent works and how they can help your achieve your publishing goals. Download How to Find and Work with an Agent in the 21st Century now!
In This Online Webinar You'll Learn:
- How to compose query letters that garner a response
- What agents are looking for in a 21st-century author
- How to find and target the best agent(s) for your book
- What happens when you sell your book, and how to best work with your agent
- What an agent really does in this day and age of a changing marketplace
About Lori Perkins & Louise FuryInstructors Lori Perkins and Louise Fury are New York City literary agents with more than 2,000 book sales under their belts, and 25 years of agenting experience. The L. Perkins Agency was the first literary agency to hire an exclusively e-pub agent in 2009.
Lori Perkins is the founder of the L. Perkins Literary agency, where she has five agents working with her, as well as agents in 11 foreign countries. She is also the editorial director of Ravenous Romance, a published author, as well as an adjunct professor at NYU's Center for Publishing. She is also the author of An Insider's Guide to Getting an Agent.
Louise Fury is an agent with the L. Perkins Agency, where she has specialized in romance, children's books and young adult material, as well as pop culture nonfiction. Since starting as a literary agent, Louise has sold books to both traditional and electronic publishers. Those include Random House, Harper Collins, Samhain and others.
Writer's Digest does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final. OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.