What the Heck Are Executives Thinking? Looking at Your Script from the Exec's Point of View OnDemand Webinar
Writers always ask, "What is an executive looking for? How come they don't see what I see?"
This webinar will teach writers how to think, read, and write from the executive perspective so that you can look at your script the way the pros do and make sure it's ready for Hollywood.
As a development executive for several production companies including Clifford Werber Productions and Sandstorm Films, Danny Manus has developed dozens of properties for the indie and studio world and read thousands of scripts. He knows that preparation and research is key. Danny goes through all the things you need to do to make sure you're writing smart.
He covers how a Development Exec reads a script-what they're looking for and the three questions executives think of while reading. He'll also cover the Top 20 notes an executive gives and how to avoid them, ways to break in and get your script in front of an exec, and what it takes to get a "recommend" from a script consultant/reader. You also get a special inside look at the Development Process-what you should expect and how to survive with flying colors.
What you'll learn:
- How to track and research projects like executives do so you'll know if you're writing smart.
- Ways to get your script read.
- The three questions executives ask themselves while reading your script.
- How to look at your script from the Executive Perspective.
- The Top 20 notes executives give and how to avoid them.
- How to get a "recommend" from a script consultant/reader.
- The inside scoop on the development process-what to expect, how to approach it, and how to survive!
Who Should Listen?
- Writers wondering why they aren't getting read or why their scripts keep getting passed on.
- Writers wondering how to get read and how to get recommended.
- Writers who want an inside track on what executives are thinking.
- Writers who think that being able to write is "enough."
- Writers who have never heard of Deadline Hollywood.
- Writers looking to find out what executives are looking for.
- Writers who are about to start the development process and don't know what to expect.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
We Also Recommend
The Complete Guide of Poetic Forms: 100+ Poetic Form Definitions and Examples for Poets