Writing the Fiction Series Video Download
It has been said that the test of a good book is dreading to read the last chapter. Authors who write a series promise their readers even more: excitement is yet to come, adventures await, worlds will be explored, and beloved characters will go through life-changing ups and downs.
This tutorial is taught by Karen S. Wiesner. Many of you know Karen as the author of First Draft in 30 Days and From First Draft to Finished Novel. But what you may not realize is this . . . Karen currently has 98 books published and 38 more titles under contract! With five trilogies and twelve series under her belt or in the works (ranging from three to twelve books each), writing a standalone novel is unusual for her. Karen's newest Writer's Digest book, Writing the Fiction Series: The Complete Guide for Novels and Novellas, is the basis for this tutorial.
This tutorial covers all aspects writers need to take into consideration when creating their fiction series (and even discusses who, what, where, when, and why).
In this 60-minute tutorial video, you'll discover:
- Book grouping definitions
- How to tie and connect the books in a series
- Story, series, and plant arcs
- How to avoid the pitfalls that commonly happen when writing a series
- How to make your series characters strong and consistent
- Organization tips for writing a series
- How you can utilize branding to market your series
- What you must understand about ending (or preparing to end) your series