2nd Draft Critique: Short Story Critique
You'll Love This Critique Service If:
- Your short story keeps getting rejected by editors or agents
- You're looking for professional feedback on what works and what doesn't
- You want a clear idea of how to improve your short story
Do you want to become a professional writer? A 2nd Draft Short Story Critique is one of the best ways to improve your short story and take your writing to the next level. In order to take advantage of this popular writing critique service, you must have a single 5-30 page short story* ready for review.
*The quantity purchased refers to the number of pages submitted for a single short story. Example: 7 pages X $4 = $28.
Wondering what exactly a 2nd Draft Short Story Critique entails? After reading your submission, a professional critique editor will provide you with specific, detailed feedback and recommendations. They will comment on your story's plot, subplots, characterization, dialogue, setting, and story arc. Plus, they will evaluate if your story fits the market and audience you're targeting, and point out (but not correct) any consistent issues your story may have with grammar, mechanics, spelling or style. Not all critique editors prepare their comments the same way or use track changes. Some reviewers provide the critique as a summary.
Get a 2nd Draft Short Story Critique today and become one step closer to becoming a published (and paid) writer!
Have a Question? Find The Answer Here
Our 2nd Draft Critique Editors Will Not:
- Rewrite or revise for you, except in the case of providing an example of how to revise on your own.
- Correct grammar, mechanics and spelling. This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader. However, a reviewer will point out any patterns of surface-level error that may pose a significant problem for you.
- Check and correct for style (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style or AP style). This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader.
- Provide any fact-checking.
- Provide answers or advice on legal issues.
Minimum length requirement
To take advantage of 2nd Draft Short Story Critique Service, you must have ONE 5-30 page short story ready for review. For longer works, including novels, please submit to the 2nd Draft Manuscript Critique Service.
Please format your manuscript prior to completing your purchase to ensure that you purchase the correct number of pages.
All documents must be submitted electronically in ONE of the following formats:
- Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Rich Text File (.rtf)
All documents MUST adhere to the professional manuscript formatting standards, which are:
- 8.5 x 11 page size
- Double-spacing throughout
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier, or Times font
- 12-point font size
If your manuscript does not meet these formatting requirements, we will either return the document to you for correction, or we will apply these settings ourselves when possible, and only critique the number of pages you have paid for.*
There are no refunds for this service.